Saturday, March 7, 2009

Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

A few months ago my husband Tony and I lived and worked in the UK, Tony in a stressful job and me running an internet shop.
We simply worked so we could have our holidays in Greece each year.
We always wanted to retire to Greece but with the failing pound and house prices dropping it became clear to us that this was becoming more and more unlikely.

After a health scare for Tony we decided to ditch the stress and move to Greece.
So we put the house on the market accepting that we would have to take a drop in price and luckily it sold within 6 weeks, During this time we were researching everything we could on the internet about moving to Greece and selling up all our furniture and boxing up our precious thing to store away.

We are now living our dream in Perea which is a suburb of Thessaloniki in Greece and it really is wonderful, I am hoping with this blog to share my experiences and supply helpful information to others who are thinking of doing something similar as when i was trying to find out information on the internet it was clear to me there was a shortage of real life help out there.

I will be sharing my ups and downs of the challenge of moving to Greece and our ongoing daily life as we live the reality of our dream.

2 comments:

  1. We thank you for your nice comments and the excellent video over the carnival.
    The Vice Mayor and president of Culture Center of Thermaikos, Tatianos Maggos.
    I truly hope that you 'll find in our municipality everything you wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane SeymourApril 09, 2009

    Hi Debbie

    Great idea! it was something I thought of doing too after I arrive in Greece as we also understand the lack of 'real life' info on planning our move to Thessaloniki. Thanks to your blogg we can grasp the reality of things! We are over in June to find our house then permanently in July, keep up the good work!!

    Jane :)

    ReplyDelete